Have you dreaded that day when your kids came home with lice. I say kids because it can happen to boys and girls and I’m telling from experience. I can still remember that day when my head started itching profusely. to come find out my head was full of lice!! Then my daughter comes home with the infamous letter all parents hate getting. I panicked then I saw my son scratching and my older daughter too.
We all had lice!!!
To just make the story short it took a lot of work and harsh chemicals to rid of those annoying pests. I would never wish that upon any family. It was one of the worst two months of my life. And now to end that horror story I present to you Fairy Tales Hair Care. Let me tell you a little on who is the founder of Fairy Tales Hair Care.
Wife, Mother, Lice Lady: How Life Changed for a Once Rising Star of Comedy
All it took was one “I do” and Risa Barash, rising star on the NYC comedy circuit was transformed into the Lice Lady. Instead of starring in her own sitcom, Risa is now the Executive Director and co-founder of Fairy Tales Hair Care. Not that she’s complaining – ok, she does every now and then, but it’s certainly been a successful ride to the top of the children’s hair care industry.
In 2000, Risa and Robert launched their first line, Rosemary Repel Hair Care. Each product is infused with organic herbs of rosemary, citronella, tea tree and lavender to ward off little critters such as lice and mosquitoes. They began selling to small beauty supply stores, salons and pharmacies and a year later launched their website www.fairytaleshaircare.com selling to wholesalers, retailers, distributors and consumers.
After 10 years, Risa is finally proud to be known as the Lice Lady and not the next Rita Rudner. Fairy Tales has grown into a multimillion dollar business, and the line has expanded to include lice removal products, a summer clarifying line, every day shampoos, conditioners and detanglers as well as Sleep-Tite, a non-toxic killer of bed bugs.
So super thankful for MomTrends for inviting me to mix cocktails and to get the 411 on Fairy Tales Hair Products. So let me tell you about their products.
- Rosemary Repel® Infused with organic herbs of rosemary, citronella, lavender, and tea tree oil the Rosemary Repel® range is proven to help prevent head lice, super lice and nits. The hero line’s new formulations are backed by clinical testing, enhanced with even more efficacious ingredients that are proven up to 30% more powerful than previous formulas. New clinical trials were conducted in 2015 at the prestigious Lice Solutions Non-Profit Center in West Palm Beach, Florida, where the Rosemary Repel® Shampoo and Conditioning Spray were proven 96% effective at repelling lice when used together. $12.95 per bottle
- Sun & Swim Enriched with natural citrus extracts, pineapple, banana leaf and coconut oil, the Sun & Swim line is formulated to help keep hair healthy, hydrated and moisturized. The Lifeguard Clarifying Shampoo, Lemon-Aid Conditioner and CoCo Cabana After-Sun Spray work together to keep hair soft and shiny after a day of fun in the sun. With the help of powerful citrus extracts avoid chlorine green or excessive sea salt build up. These gentle formulas are also safe for color treated hair (looking at you, Mom!). $10.95 per bottle
- Tangle Tamers Great for all ages and hair types, this keratin infused line-up uses aloe and jojoba to soften hair while giving it a natural shine. The Super Charge Shampoo, Super Charge Conditioner and Static-Free Detangling Spray transform hair into soft, silky locks and help strengthen and fortify hair with a proprietary blend of ProVitamins. Hair is instantly detangled, conditioned and controlled for no more fuss with comb and brush. $10.95 per bottle
- Bug Bandit This healthy, DEET-Free spray helps keep mosquitoes, fleas, flies and more bugs away without harsh chemicals or pesticides. Ideal for the whole family, the natural formula of lemon eucalyptus oil, soybean oil, cedar bark, citronella, peppermint and rosemary blend is proven to provide long lasting protection while the alcohol-free formula helps moisturize skin. $13.95 per 8 fl. oz. bottle
- Lice Good-Bye® Survival Kit A must-have for all school age families, this kit contains a 4 oz. Lice Good-Bye treatment, #1 metal Terminator Nit-Free removal comb, 4 oz. Rosemary Repel Conditioning Spray, easy-grip sectioning clip along with step-by step instructions. It’s everything you need to eliminate lice, super lice and stubborn nits naturally and effectively – and keep them away! $29.95 per kit
Who would of thought I would learn so much about children’s hair care and lice over cocktails. Only with MomTrends of course. Make sure to check out this products for yourself. Mami Approved!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mines as always.