Its my 4th year attending Fright Fest at Six Flags, so Im kinda an expert now (wink wink)…. Not really, however I can share what worked for me and my family to be able to enjoy Thrills By Day with all of their favorite rides and experience Fright By Night with terrifying mazes, scare zones, spooktacular shows and thrilling rides after dark.
1) Buy your Fright Fest tickets online and save $20+. I also recommend getting the fast lane tickets. You not only save money but you’ll save so much time. We were able to visit the mazes twice. On the popular maze like the Wicked Woods we only waited 15 minutes.
2) Plan to stay after the sun comes down. Fright Fest its that time of year where zombies run loose and skeletons become our friends. This has to be my favorite part of the night! Zombies chasing my teens who doesn’t love that. Also the demon district scares the crap out of me so beware.
3) Make time to watch the shows. Ignite was amazing. Its A hypnotizing and dazzling display of fire spinning and illusion will have guests glued to the pavement watching every heart-stopping trick. This performance, located next to the Bumper Cars in Adventure Alley, will really see if guests can take the heat.
4) The rides are open so come early so you can enjoy the rides too. What I did was whatever ride was ear a maze we jumped on the line. It worked perfectly. Ride – Maze- Ride – Maze – Show- Maze – Ride – Ride – Maze – Ride – Maze
5) Take a break and eat. My favorite spot has to be Granny’s Country Kitchen
Adventure Alley they have the tastiest Fried Chicken in Jersey. Also don’t leave without eating a funnel cake. Its not a real trip to Six Flags with out the funnel cake!
6) The little ones can have fun too with the classic family favorites like
the Trick-or-Treat Trail, The Skeletones, Professor Slithers’ Creepy Critters, Spooky Kooky Magic Show. Always keep in mind that Fright by Night is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily.
For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure
Also check out my other post on Fright Fest at Six Flags this year.
Disclosure: We were invited for a media day with complimentary admittance. No compensation was received for this post opinions are 100% my own.